Safety Car usa cookies
Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros para optimizar nuestros servicios y mejorar tu experiencia, no se utilizarán para recoger información de carácter personal. Necesitamos tu consentimiento para que aceptes nuestras cookies, que podrás eliminar siempre que lo desees.

Calificación:
  • 9 voto(s) - 3.11 Media
TEMPORADA 2022 DE FÓRMULA 1 [Hilo oficial] (Tema Cerrado)
(17-02-2022, 22:22)Enrike red escribió: An all-new engine for 2022
Rossi said the changes at Alpine were aimed at bringing the team up to a level where it could compete at the front.

Part of that plan is the decision to design an entirely new engine to power drivers Fernando Alonso and Esteban Ocon this season.

The new power-unit follows the philosophy set by Mercedes at the start of the turbo-hybrid era in 2014, and since followed by Honda. It splits the turbo and compressor, two parts that in a conventional design sit next to each other, by putting the compressor at the front of the engine and the turbo at the back.

"The engine has been redesigned entirely," Rossi said. "The split turbo is one element. We will [also] make it more compact, which enables us to move it closer to the driver and therefore the centre of gravity of the car.

"It's lighter. It's capable of operating in a much wider range of conditions, temperature and pressure.

"So it's really like a game-changer for us and it's going to, I hope, enable us to catch up and close the gap to the front of the queue [on engine performance]."

The split-turbo design is difficult to achieve because it requires a long connecting rod between the turbo and compressor that runs across the top of the engine and spins at up to 125,000rpm.

Former Alpine non-executive chairman Alain Prost said when he split with the team last month that the engine was having reliability problems on the test bed.

Rossi said the failures were caused by his asking the engine department to push as hard as possible for maximum performance. He said the design was now running reliably in time for the start of pre-season testing next week.

Rossi said: "I told the team: 'You push the envelope far. I don't care. I'd rather have to dial down the performance, but know that I've reached a peak of the performance I can get and then be reliable, than just feel comfortable with a reliable engine that was not delivering the performance.' Which, by the way, was the approach of the past.

"The good news is we've been doing thousands of kilometres with this new power-unit in the last few weeks, and it went just fine.

"So knock on wood it seems we have fixed that."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/60414614
Wow. Qué bueno. Espero que no entre en el club de la chimenea. Hasta ahora no es candidato.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5000 mediante Tapatalk
@jgarciaillanf1

Mensajes en este tema
RE: TEMPORADA 2022 DE FÓRMULA 1 [Hilo oficial] - por Josemurcia7 - 17-02-2022, 23:20

Salto de foro:

Usuarios navegando en este tema: 11 invitado(s)